Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Grants Not Blogs

It is almost midnight and I have been working on a grant but finally took a break and was reading and responding to some of my blog and bandit friends. Work is a little overwelming right now as two major grants came out last week and are due next Friday. I don't enjoy this part of my job as I get frantic when it comes to explaining my ideas and thoughts in "grantese". Oh well, it is funding and goodness knows we need that!
I have been really bad about exercising lately. I did go with Allison to a dance cardio class at Lifetime. One hour of jumping and jiving. I didn't have any trouble keeping up with the youngsters. It wouldn't have happened two years ago. I would really like to find a treadmill that I could put in the basement or upstairs and have to use when I want. It would save getting dressed, going out in the cold, and then coming home to shower as I currently do. I don't think I am making excuses. I could listen to my kind of music or watch my kind of TV while walking also. Got to find a great deal.
I just make a quick trip to Michigan to see my ex-father-in-law. He has been a part of my life since I was 13, They have started him on oxygen to assist with breathing and it seems to alleviate some of his fatigue. He will be 86 in April. Allison and the boys made his face light up and I do believe he enjoyed our visit. He is a dear man and wanted to tell him that.
The clock is striking 12 and I need to be up and at em at 7am so I believe I will sign off. Tomorrow is another writing day and I also do a workshop with high school teachers in the afternoon. This too shall pass and hopefully we will be successful in our endeavors for more work and monies.

No comments: