Sunday, March 29, 2009

Just a Great Day

I have kinda taken Caroline and Nola's advice and stopped weighing every week. Notice I said "kinda". On Friday I had to drive 70 miles to an appointment at 8:30 meeting so I didn't go to the rec to have Thomas weigh in. Instead, I ventured down stairs to our scale. The last time I weighed on that scale, I weighed 202. On Friday I weighed 198. Now we consider this scale about three pounds heavy and 198 was a half pound loss from Thomas' scale last Wednesday, so I was psyched. Then I called about getting a Anti-shingles vaccine. One of my dear friends had shingles over the holidays on her face and I can only imagine the pain. My mother had shingles twice when she was older.
At the suggestion of my caregiver, I called the insurance management and as long as you are over 60 they cover the vaccination. It is costly. When I called the office to tell my CNP I could get the vaccine, she came on the line and heard my voice. She immediately suggested I come in for a visit since I have the crud in the head and throat. When I went for my appointment at 3pm, the first thing I had to do was step on the scales. Now this is in the middle of the afternoon with clothes on. I had had 16 oz of decaf, 32 oz of water, and fish, potato, and green beans at Crackerbarrel for lunch with Vince in Sioux Falls. I hesitated but stepped on. I weighed 198 on the office scales. When I whined about weighing, Diane said she thought her scales were about 4 or 5 pounds heavy. So. . .
I have taken to eating a boiled egg if I am hungry. I think I don't get enough protein to keep me satisfied and to burn the fat. Thinking doesn't get me very far. Anyway, on Thursday of this week I will weigh in with Thomas. I will post the Friday picture.

5 comments:

Reddirt Woman said...

Sounds like you're dropping a little more... At my brother's office, when he had his family practice, he had a sign right about eye level that said, "Pretend It's Your I.Q.". I always keep that in mind when I have to step on the scales.

Thought you might like a different perspective.

Helen

Nola said...

I have started eating something protein when I get hungry between meals as well. I have those tiny tins of tuna and also boiled eggs for when I have an attack of the munchies! It seems to be working too! Also, today, I had a tiny tin of baked beans for my morning tea and it kept me satisfied for ages!!
Well done on your weight loss by the way:)

DocSly said...

I love that one, Helen.

DocSly said...

I love that one, Helen.

Nola said...

Hi Slyvia...yes it was Masonic lodge. My Dad, Ricky, his brother and his brother's father-in-law are all members.