Don't want to write about weight today. Been good, that's not the reason. Just want to write about something else. So I think I will give you a better picture of me that what a camera can portray.
1. I am the oldest child, my only sibling was born during my eighth summer. I remember the day John was born. We lived in southern Michigan and it was a very hot July day. He is married to a very patient wife and they live about five hours away in Minnesota.
2. 10 months before my brother was born, our house burned to the ground. I lost many dolls which were very important to this "girly". The three of us (mom, daddy, and I) moved in with a family down the street and that Christmas I learned to knit. The son of the family was a research scientist at the University of Michigan and he brought a Japanese exchange student home for the holidays. She taught me to knit. It is a hobby that I cherish and I can't tell you how many projects I completed in my lifetime.
3. When I was 20 I married my high school boyfriend and we were married for 18 years before our divorce. Great things came out that marriage. Many Air Force friends, a trip to England, and two wonderful children. The oldest is our son and his sister is 29 months younger.
4. I met my husband in 1985 and we were married 13 months later. He is a saint and has changed my life for the very best. He has supported me while I was raising teenagers, getting my doctorate, and always by my side in this weight loss quest. He was an only child and had never been married so you know how we turned his life upside down.
5. I have five grandsons. They are very special to me. The oldest is 10 and the youngest is 9 months. They all live close enough to us that I can give hugs and kisses often and share in their lives. I can't express how much it means to me to be a "grandma" and "baba". They are the sunshine of my life.
6. My favorites are as follows (in no particular order): chocolate, the colors red and lime green, Christmas, knitting, quilting, sitting on a beach, cardinals, love stories, cashmere sweaters, baseball, wine with friends, reading historical fiction, watching big flakes of snow falling, music, dancing, and iris.
7. My dislikes are: snakes, people who do not tell the truth, situations that are not fair, the medicine I had to take for pylori, hawks that kill my little sparrows, violent movies, adults who abuse children.
8. My bucket list includes: a hot air balloon ride on a warm summer night at sunset, a return trip to Maui and Williamsburg with Vince, seeing all of the major league baseball stadiums with my grandson, Dillon, owning my own red VW convertible bug, and living to be older than my grandmothers did.