Friday, May 1, 2009

Two Weeks and 2 and 1/2 pounds




Well, sorta! I have been trying to eat like a normal human and not focus so much on this whole diet thing. Kinda trying to let the band be the tool and just live a regular life for two weeks. Exercise when I could, eat correct food most of the time, and try to know when I am full. Today when I went to the Rec to work out with Thomas, he had the scales out. 195.5 and body fat reading of 44%. Since surgery, I have lost a real 12% of body fat! I was pleased. I really had no idea what the scales would show this morning.



I also went to my GP today for what has been an episode with strep throat this week. No aches so the pigs haven't infected me at this point. We also talked about the plastic surgeon. Way back in 1978 I had a double reduction mammoplasty (I know you can't tell from pictures). I did put a lot of weight on there also. But at the time of the mammoplasty, I hemmoraged and had a bad port scar under my left arm. I had lived with the lump for many years until about 7 years ago, Diane sent me to a plastic surgeon to have it repaired. I am not certain that he did not make it worse but again, one lives with these things. This fall after the band surgery and a few pounds, I was fitted for a new bra and low and behold this really great bra started to interact with the back scar and when I went in for my November surgery regarding the port, I was broken wide open under the arm and would bleed regularly if I didn't have it securely bandaged. Since I have lost weight, there is a real flabby flab flap (don't know how else to explain it). Those of you who are obese know how we collect those flabby flab lumps everywhere. Long story short, we have to get this corrected before summer or I will be having problems with perspiration and such.



Enough of this, I don't know if insurance will cover this but I need a new bra again and I don't want to go through the wound business again.



Dillon and I went to MN last weekend to watch over Zachary and Garrett. We had fun!

4 comments:

Reddirt Woman said...

Way to go on the weight and body fat loss.

I know you don't want to go through the wound business again, but you are going through the wound business still and, as I'm sure you know, left flapping and coming open is not a good thing. Perspiration, sure, that's a minor thing. You'll be setting yourself up for yeast infections and more. My friend that I live with is heavy and I save old soft t-shirts and cut them up for her to help with skin eruptions under her breasts, under her belly fat, waist and under her arms in hot weather. Trying to keep your skin somewhat dry, trying to keep skin eruptions down to prevent yeast infections. Please DocSly, please think about getting it fixed now if at all possible rather than wait and deal with the misery and then have to do the wound business again anyway.

Keep us posted.

Helen

Reddirt Woman said...

Crap, Doc... I just reread the post and you are prone to strep, too. I don't know why it is so important to me that I'm so concerned, except that I see those two beautiful boys that you enjoy so much. Sorry to be so wordy and strident.

Helen

Nola said...

Ahhhh good old Helen!!! I agree with every word she said though:)

DocSly said...

Helen, I know you are right! Thanks for the concern. Sylvia