Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Closure of Week One

Seven days since surgery, exercised six of the seven! I am thinking about how I can continue to be successful and not lose this battle. I tell district administrators if they fail to plan, they plan to fail. I can't fail so I guess I better spend time planning. Part of this relates to finding time to exercise or I guess a better way of putting it is making time for exercise a priority. I talked to Thomas today about meeting him at the Rec every morning at 7am. That way I could exercise for 40 minutes and come home and be in my office or where ever by 9am. Most mornings that will work. Then I will bike, walk, or swim after work. I know I have to exercise twice a day and I plan to try to exercise seven days a week for now.
I slipped on the scale this morning and it read 229. Now how can losing a pound be defeating. I didn't gain a pound. I have lost 14 pounds in three weeks. But I had to spend breakfast doing self talk about how it is going to be a slow process and I can't let the scale defeat me. In the end, I asked Vince to hide the scale. Thomas agreed that weighing with him each Friday was a better alternative. That way we can celebrate together.

1 comment:

Mom said...

Oh, Sylvia! Know exactly how that feels. Am thinking scales should just be done away with! Go by how you feel, how your clothes will begin to hang on your shrinking body and now that you are exercising (alot, I might add)you know you are building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat...your scale will not show that. Kudos for what you have done so far......7 AM!! there is such a time of day? I am in awe of you!!!