Thursday, January 1, 2009

Day One in Onederland

It is a beautiful sunny day here in South Dakota but cold as can be. I love these kind of days. I have been quilting all day and contemplating some personal goals. This is that time of year. I have talked a great deal about weight goals but I have some others as well.
I have decided to read the Bible over the next two years. It would be the first time I have ever done that. It is on my bucket list. I also want to make certain I write thank yous to people who give me gifts or do special things. I think that e-mail has become too convenient for me and I need to make a better effort to say thanks.
I was watching a television program tonight about Obesity in America. It featured a woman who had once lost over 111 pounds and had been honored on a Richard Simmons program. Since then she has gained all of her weight back and again some. This really scares me as they were discussing the genes and fat cells she had and how her body fought her to get back. I called Vince into the room and we discussed my fears. I forget that with the band, one is not starving the body as she was on a very low calorie diet. I just have to remember to eat sensibly and let the band tell my brain that I am full. I wonder if I will ever lose the fear. Perhaps that fear is a good thing.
I added a picture to the slideshow of me, last night. The slacks are the size 16 I just found. I do have to work on the fat around my middle. More sit-ups!

1 comment:

Nola said...

I think we will always have that fear. The thing is....we need to get used to the fact that this is working and, if we do the right thing and treat ourselves right, then the weight will just not come back on!! Wow....have a look at you!! I can really see a difference and your face is really changing:)