Monday, January 26, 2009

What a Weekend

I flew to Chicago Friday evening and got stuck there. Long story but airplanes parked on runway and airplanes that push back early from the gate equalled a free night's stay from United. Anyway, I arrived in Michigan on Saturday morning for the 50th wedding anniversary and it was a great party. I know I drank three glasses of wine over 4 fours and ate far too many bite size sinful pieces of food. Then early Sunday we took off on the 13 hour drive back to South Dakota. Funny how riding in a Blazer makes one want to munch. We had mostly healthy snacks but it seemed like we munched and drank (decaf and G2) all the way home. Needless to say, I needed to exercise today.
I think there is some stress in my life right now that is testing my ability to not eat because I am stressed. Our state legislature is cutting education funding dramatically and it will effect my staff and our organization. I am alarmed at the foresight of our governor and legislature.

1 comment:

Nola said...

The car is one of the biggest traps for me...I ALWAYS get the urge to munch in the car! Why is that???....another one of our habits we have to work on:)