Saturday, January 10, 2009

Quilt til ya wilt

I have really taken my behavior seriously this week: salads for lunch at the office, bike and/or walk everyday for 40 minutes, and quilt so I won't be close to the kitchen. For those of you who read my last post, I have excused myself from the South Dakota bandsters yahoo group. I don't have time for that and I find my blogging bandits a far healthier crowd.
Not that we are holier than thou, but I read some self criticism in our blogs and not so much self "woe is me". From my viewpoint, we are pretty touch on ourselves and the attitude is that we want to be healthier and that is why we chose to change our life styles.
If you wonder at the comments, Mom is not my mom but my "sorta ex" sister-in-law. She is a wonderful support cheerleader. She has known me practically all my life and she knows how much obesity has hurt my self esteem. I have not been married to her brother-in-law for almost 23 years but I have remained very close to his family.
I had a wonderful chat with my daughter this afternoon. She was cleaning her closet and offered me some of her 16s and 14s that are now too big for her. She has been going to the gym faithfully and I know she works hard at keeping herself in good health and shape. I didn't give her the best of genes and her father was 6'3" with a large bone structure. Anyway, she is thinking that some of her professional clothes will help me through the spring and summer. I wonder where I will end up in the clothing department?
It is snowing in such a beautiful way this evening. No wind, just constant flakes. My cozy slippers and knitting are calling my name.

2 comments:

MaryEllen said...

I need to quilt more. I just moved into a new house and have been setting up a sewing room. If it will keep me away from the kitchen it sounds like a great plan!!

Mom said...

You will always be my "sister"! I am so very proud of you and all that you are doing for yourself...On my way to Vegas, to visit my kids but will be sure to check in with you via the computer to catch your updates. Here's hoping Wednesday has good news for you.......XO. Pat