Thursday, August 14, 2008

13 days, but who is counting

While I was driving between meetings today, drinking my water, I noticed that Vince had called on my Blackberry. I quickly called him at home to see what was up. He calmly announced that I had received a letter. It was my approval letter from the insurance company! I must say my heart skipped a couple of beats as this is what we have been anxiously awaiting. I immediately called my GP's office to let her know we had succeeded. Then I called Thomas, my trainer, and it was so evident that he was excited. He will continue to be my lifeline to health. I have been reading and responding to a google blog called SD Bandsters and it seems that most of the participants had their surgery here in Mitchell. They meet as a support group at the hospital, so I decided to go tonight. A very nice group of people! Dr. Haley, the surgeon at the hospital, spoke with the group. He talked about issues with not having success. It was most interesting to hear what the participants were experiencing. This is a really big deal! One gentleman said it was the best thing that had ever happened to him and he would do it again. That was comforting to hear. I do believe talking to people who have had the experience and are going through the same things I am will be helpful. However, "misery loves company" does not fit my thinking. I feel like this is a privilege I am being given to get a second chance for health. I plan to do things right. Check in a month or two from now and see if I am still as optimistic. God give me strength!

No comments: